Sevylor Quikpak K1 Inflatable Kayak Review
Kayaks needs to be strong, sturdy and must contain those kinds of features that can make your time more enjoyable on water. Inflatable kayaks are versatile boats that areportable, convenient and light enough to transport, carry, or store. These kayaks give paddlers a pleasurable experience, paddling in both flat and moving water.The Sevylor Quikpak (TM) K1 1-Person Kayak is a sit-on-top inflatable kayak, which is designed to make your time at the water, memorable and pleasurable.
Key Features and Specifications
- 21-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- Tarpaulin bottom provides better protection from punctures
- This Kayak is smartly designed to be carried as a backpack
- The QuikPak 1 person Kayak is designed to set up within 5 minutes
- It comes with a cargo net and a large inflatable seat that easily fits over the storage area located on the bow
- With the help of carry handles, it is much easier to carry the kayak in and out of the water
- Airtight® System is guaranteed not to leak
- There are multiple footrest positions in the kayak, which ensures maximum comfort while paddling
- More than one chamber allows you to store your possessions safely on different chambers, in case one of the chambers gets punctured
- The kayak is roomy, having a dimension of 8 ft. 7 in. x 3 ft when inflated
- The maximum loading capacity of the kayak is 400 pounds
- It comes with two double lock valve points, which ensure easy inflation and deflation
- Seats are very comfortable and have a backrest, allowing the person to lean back while enjoying his/her ride
- The product’s dimensions are 30 x 36 x 103 inches and the kayak weighs only 18 pounds
Why this might be the Kayak for you:
The Sevylor Coleman Quikpak kayak is designed to provide you with the best experience on the water. The kayak can be easily setup by inflating. The kayak is fun, secure, and convenient. Furthermore, you can fold and place it in the top of your car or carry it as a backpack by hanging the kayak with the provided shoulder straps.
In addition, the simple design of this inflatable kayak allows it to set up in just five minutes, as it comes with its own high-pressure hand pump. Once you are done kayaking, all you need to do is deflate the kayak and carry it, which saves you from the hassle of assembling the parts when using the other kayaks. Moreover, its 21-gauge PVC design and a tarpaulin bottom make the kayak strong enough to protect its body from puncturing.
- The Sevylor Quikpak K1 is a stable and lightweight kayak, which is best for the beginners
- The kayak can be easily carried on shallow waters, due to its lightweight
- The fact that it can be set up within minutes, makes it very favorable to use, as people do not have to carry extra tools to set it up
- The seats are quite comfortable with a backrest
- For keeping your belongings, an attachable cargo net is included with this kayak
- The kayak has enough leg space, thus stretching the back and the arms along with the legs is possible, making your ride more comfortable
- Water can drip into the kayak from the paddle, so this kayak might not suit well to those who are not willing to get wet
- The kayak can be unstable particularly when there are heavy waves and strong winds because of its lightweight, so it might need some additional weight to enhance its stability
This is a great kayak if you are looking for a kayak that can carry multiple people and still be used for fishing and recreation.
Richard Dravick - I created this site to help people who like myself enjoy kayaking and fishing. Kayaking allows you enjoy all the great themes of nature that are around us everywhere and combining this with fishing can create some of the most memorable times in life.
Please let me know if you have enjoyed these reviews and if you have thoughts on what you would like to see for future reviews so that I can keep the content fresh.